Blue Pearl Software is a company developing high-level language EDA products that improve the productivity of the ASIC/FPGA design flows. If you are ready to embark on an exciting long-term career opportunity and grow rapidly with us, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company: Blue Pearl Software
Job Location: Portland, Or
Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (Physics, or Applied Math with practical experience will be considered)
Salary Range: Depends on Experience & Qualifications
Travel Required: Some (2x/Quarter)
About the Company
Blue Pearl Software is a Santa Clara, California – based company developing high-level language EDA products that improve the productivity of the ASIC/FPGA design flows.
Blue Pearl Software is seeking a talented and self-driven software engineer who can work independently as part of a geographically distributed engineering team. The ideal candidate will be a motivated, highly capable software engineer with excellent problem solving skills, who is able to manage his/her own schedule with little supervision. Regular and effective communication with the rest of the team is a must.
Strong knowledge of and experience with Verilog & VHDL, and in C/C++ programming and scripting languages (Tcl) is required.
Primary job functions include:
- RTL synthesis of Verilog, VHDL, and System Verilog
- Develop algorithms for Clock Domain Crossing analysis
- Develop algorithms for timing constraint generation, static RTL analysis, and functional verification
- Creation of unit tests for new code, as well as code to be refactored
- Maintain the R&D wiki for new projects
- Working with QA to analyze customer issues
Key Skills and Concepts include:
- Understand Verilog & VHDL with the ability to visualize what it looks like in hardware
- Formal Verification
- Constraint Driven Analysis
- Graph Theory
- Refactoring, Unit Test driven development
- Cross platform development
If you believe you would be a good fit for this position and wish to apply, please email a resume, cover letter, and three references to: email@example.com
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or disability. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Blue Pearl Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job location in Santa Clara, CA
- Responsible for software applications support at the Application & Support Team, including:
- - Verilog HDL, VHDL test cases for QA for Blue Tool software tools to run on full-chip ASIC and FPGA applications;
- - Analyzing design rules violation and analyzing false and multicycle paths in Verilog RTL and VHDL designs, and resolve the issues;
- - Demonstrating software tools;
- - Resolving technical issues for customers.
- Responsible for pre and post sales technical engagements.
- Assist in closing business by providing software technical aid and support during various stages of the sales cycle.
- Deliver product demonstrations, answer inquiries, and assure prospective customer is exposed to the full capabilities and benefits of products specific to their application.
- Work with customers both on-site and off-site to ensure that they have a positive experience with products.
- Communicate with customers on issue workarounds and new tool fixes.
- Create test case, report, track and drive bug fixes and enhancements with R&D for customer related issues.
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
Software QA Engineer – Bay Area
CS degree with knowledge of hardware design languages (Verilog/VHDL) or EE degree with strong CS background.
- Develop testcases for white/black box testing of RTL analysis/CDC tool.
- Analyse results of test runs and advise on remedial actions.
- Attention to details is vital: analysis of test results needs to be accurate and fast.
- Automation of test systems: running and analysis.
- Actively search for opportunities for process improvements.
- Flexible attitude: able to switch tasks and be responsive to the needs of peers and company priorities.
- Work with applications engineers to provide advice on best practices and process bugs.
- Manage bugs reports from submission to closure.
- Fluency in scripting languages (bash and perl required).
- Knowledge of hardware design languages (Verilog/VHDL) Understanding of hardware synthesis (Synopsys DC or Synplify) would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows.
Senior Field Applications Engineer :Bay Area/West Coast
This position is responsible for the technical aspects of selling Blue Pearl Software products in the San Francisco Bay Area and Southern California. This is a new position due to growth in the company with future opportunities for a Field Applications Management career path. The Candidate must have a proven track record working in the EDA software sales environment. The Candidate must have strong technical acumen in all aspects of end-user FPGA design. This individual must be able to manage multiple sales campaigns, communicate the customer technical requirements internally and bring together the technical resources necessary to close sales.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Must be able to travel at least 25% of the time
- BS with a minimum of 7-8 years of relevant experience or MS with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- In-depth understanding of the FPGA end-user design process
- Thorough knowledge of Linux and Windows compute environments
- Thorough knowledge of RTL languages (Verilog, SystemVerilog, VHDL)
- Thorough knowledge of at least one scripting language such as Perl/TCL/Shell
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with customers to drive product evaluations to successful completion
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical issues with company management to achieve sales success
- Thorough knowledge of ASIC and FPGA development tools and their associated flows
Preferred Additional Skills
- Actual FPGA design experience using VHDL
- Actual ASIC design experience using SystemVerilog
- Demonstrated technical writing expertise via published application notes, articles and technical papers.
E-mail your Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org