The Blue Pearl Software, HDL Creator is ideal for developers coding both RTL and test benches who are seeking productivity, predictability and code quality for complex FPGAs, ASICs, and IP Designs.
HDL Creator provides real-time syntax and style code checking inside an intuitive, easy-to-use full featured editor. Unlike standard editors, HDL Creator provides advanced real-time file analysis to find and fix complex issues as you code, such as compilation dependencies and missing dependencies. In addition, HDL Creator provides advanced design views to help understand and debug as you code.
The HDL Creator is a full-featured source code editor that provides real-time syntax and style checking during HDL code development. In addition to all the normal features you would expect from a code editor, HDL Creator provides over 2000 real time checks to streamline code development and avoid common coding mistakes that would result in downstream design iterations.
- Accelerates code development
- Visualize complex source code for efficient coding, reading and understanding of legacy code
- Ensures high quality code development
- Streamlines downstream development
- Block indentation (set to tabs or spaces)
- Auto-indent for new lines
- Folding (hide or view blocks of code)
- Syntax highlighting
- Brace matching
- Block commenting (Multiple styles)
- Choice of line end styles
- Graphics views
- Auto-analyze current file to show syntax issues
- Real-time syntax and coding style checks
- Over 70 “Load Checks” can be enabled for Real-Time Analysis
- Over 2000 Verilog and VHDL parsing analysis messages.
- Project and non-project modes
- Generation of PDF Documents
- Integration with simulators and downstream analysis
Visualize Your Project
HDL Creator is not just an ordinary editor, as a smart editor it also provides real-time views that help you understand and verify issues as you code.
- Block and module views
- Clock/Reset Domain schematic view
- Data flow schematic view
- Pre-Synthesis folder view
- FSM view
- Schematic view
- Support for files external to the design
- File view based on user defined libraries
- Directory based view of file structure
Stand-Alone or Inside the Visual Verification Suite
HDL Creator is provided as both a stand-alone HDL editor tool as well as integrated into Blue Pearl’s Visual Verification suite.
As a standalone editor, HDL Creator is ideal for design teams that work closely with Verification teams, avoiding unnecessary design iteration between teams by catching common coding and style issues up front as you code!
When used inside the Visual Verification Suite, additional analysis, views and integration are available that extend the HDL Creators capabilities streamlining HDL development.